On the pattern of Normal School for men, a similar effort was made to impart identical training to the female teachers and hence training school for the purpose was established in the vicinity of the males’ institution.
The institution is stated to be contemporary of training college for men. The date of its construction has been described as 1883. As per the history mentioned in the “Akhbar Taleem” (March 1883), a regular publication brought out under the merit certificates upon the completion of their training by the then Commissioner in Sindh. The award ceremony was held at Homestead Hall. In the year 1920, the system of co-education was done away and this building was separated for the females. In 1978, this institution was upgraded to the systems of Government College of Elementary Education.
[Source: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo]
Copyright © 2019 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust