Initially, Deepchand Riayatmal Pavilion was built by Sundar Shewak Sacha in 1937 with the donations of Deepchand Riayatmal. Later it was handed over to Sukkur Municipality. After the Indo-Pak partition, it was demolished and a new stadium, pavilion and boundary wall was erected by Municipal Committee at the cost of Rs. 3 lacs.
The foundation stone of Municipal Stadium was laid by the then Commissioner of Khairpur Division, A.H. Khan in 1959 and inaugurated by Abu Nasar, the former Commissioner of Khairpur Division on January 27, 1961.
(Documented on November 27, 2016)
[Source: Sukkur: Nostalgia of things past by Momin Bullo | Coordinates: EFT]
Open in Google Map: 27.6961063,68.8703553
Copyright © 2019 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust