The Civil Hospital Hyderabad was constructed and completed in the year 1894 at a cost of Rs. 88,173/=. In 1951 Medical College was set up in Hyderabad, which began its work in the present building of the Civil Hospital. Initially it was named as Hyderabad Medical College, however after the assassination of Pakistan's first Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan, it was named as Liaquat Medical College. Initially, seven wards were built, each providing 60 male and 12 female patients respectively.
A land spreading over 400 acres, was acquired in Jamshoro, where the construction of new campus as well as the teaching hospital was initiated. Since the shifting of Medical College to Jamshoro, it continued to retain the status of a teaching hospital of college/ university till date.
[Source: Text and Old Photographs: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo | Coordinates: EFT]
Open in Google Map: 25.4000297, 68.3679776
Copyright © 2019 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust