Share Our Heritage with the World


Shah Najaf Bargah, Sukkur





´╗┐Bargah Shah Najaf was built in 1958, by Syed Zawar Hussain Shah (Zaigham e Sindh). In love and respect for Azadari, he gave up worldly charms and resigned from his service in Police department in 1942. He went to Iran and Iraq for Ziarat of sacred places. In 1949, Syed Zawar Hussain Shah started a Tazia procession in commemoration of Hazrat Ali (A.S)'s martyrdom, which still originates from Aza Khana Najfi and culminates at Bargah Shah Najaf Kot Mir Yakoob Ali Shah.

Syed Zawar Hussain Shah was a prose writer and a poet, his published books like "Nuskha Rah e Sawab", "Haqeeqi Bint Rasool Fi Rad Quratul Ain Al Rasool" (two volumes) and "Taboot Ali Waliullah" are valuable contribution to the literature of Sindh. He passed-away during a Majlis on March 23, 1978. According to his will he was buried in Bargah Shah Najaf Kot Mir Yakoob Ali Shah. After his death, Syed Imdad Hussain Shah takes care of this Imambargah.

(Documented on November 10, 2013)

[Source: Sukkur: Nostalgia of things past by Momin Bullo | Coordinates: EFT]



Images Gallery

Shah Najaf Bargah


Copyright © 2019 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust