The grand mosque on Prince Ali road besides the Market Police station was built in 1956 by the Silawat community. The Silawat community (stone chizzlers) migrated from India to Hyderabad during early 20th century in search of jobs. 111e community is known for its craftsmanship and out class masonry. With their arrival in the town, the architectural development grew to an un proportional level and the wealthy Hindu merchants who had predominance in the town making most of the opportunity, built their palaces, cottages and beautiful buildings all around the town.
Please share some photographs.
[Source: Text and images: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo | Coordinates: Waheed Chandio]
Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust