Khan Bahadur Muhammad Siddique was the founder of this institution. He built this school while he was still the principal of Hyderabad’s training college for men. The moto behind opening up such institution was to promote female education in the area. Its foundation stone was laid by Makhdoom Ghulam Hyder (MLA) at the annual function of Muslim Adabi Society, on 28th August, 1940, the function was presided over by Mr. G.M Syed, then Minister of Education.
Like other educational institutions of the town, its class rooms and different sections were constructed through individual donations of renowned public figures of Sindh and their name stones are prominently affixed atop of each hall or the class room.
It is situated besides the dargah of Sakhi Pir opposite Memon Muhalla. Before the establishment of Madressah Tul Banat, there was a Musafir Khana on the site.
[Source: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo]
Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust