Seth Pohumal Khiamal, a rominent Hindu leader of t e town established a maternity home on January 22, 1934 to provide better health care to the ladies. The plot for the hosital was offered to him y the municipality. After its completion the hospital was Inaugurated by Lady Sykes. In 1946, the hospital was upgraded and a lady midwifery nursing school was also established in its premises, which was named after Lady Hugh Dow (then Governor of Sindh). The nursing school was funded by Countess of Dufferin, Bombay. It is situated on Railway Station road.
[Source: Text and Old Photograph: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo | Coordinates and New photographs by EFT, Field Visit December 2018]
Open in Google Map: 25.3885196, 68.3689164
Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust