Popular after the name of a great spiritual lady and head of Theosophical Society, Dr. Annie Basant, this Hall was established in 1901 by Mr. Khemchand Methani. It is situated behind General Post Office (GPO) and near Hyderabad Radio Station in Saddar area. The building comprises over a specious conference hall, a library and a reading room. Before the creation of Pakistan, the building was the center of activities of Theosophical Society. Presently, the local Theosophical Society is headed by a non-eggetarian Sindhi scholar Mr. Muhammad Ibrahim Joyo. The building was renovated by the defunct District Government of Hyderabad.
[Source: Text and images: Hyderabad Revisited by Momin Bullo | Coordinates: Waheed Chandio]
Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Endowment Fund Trust